QA:Testcase Bootloader Disk Selection
Associated release criterion
This test case is associated with the Release_Criteria#Bootloader Disk Selection release criterion. If you are doing release validation testing, a failure of this test case may be a breach of that release criterion.
This test case verifies that the user is able to select an alternative disk on which to install the bootloader. It also verifies that, if the user is so inclined, they may choose not to install a bootloader at all.
Depending on installer choices this MAY destroy all the data on the test system. If you choose to complete the installation of the test system any/all data on the system may be lost. Please do not install on a system whose contents you need to keep.
- Obtain access to supported system and hardware class to be installed.
- Prepare appropriate media for the selected ISO to be tested.
- Example: QA:Testcase Media USB dd
- Boot the system from the prepared optical, USB media or virtual device attachment.
- In the boot menu select the appropriate option to boot the installer.
How to test¶
- In the Installation Destination spoke, select the disk(s) to install to, then click the "Full disk summary and bootl loader..." button at the bottom of the screen:
- Click the checkbox next to the disk on which the bootloader is desired
- Alternatively, uncheck the boot checkbox next to all disks to skip bootloader installation
- Proceed with installation on the test system.
- Installation should complete successfully.
- Note that if no bootloader is installed, the system may not boot after installation is complete. This is expected.
If you have questions with respect to this content or to report concerns regarding the use or misuse content please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rocky Linux and the Rocky Enterprise Software Foundation (RESF) does not make any express or implied warranties, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of any third party intellectual property rights. RESF does not warrant that any pending trademark applications for trademarks of RESF will result in any granted trademark protection. RESF shall not be liable for any claims relating to user's activities falling within the scope of the permission and user hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold RESF and its contributors harmless against any such claim.
This content is licensed under under Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license unless otherwise noted.