QA:Testcase Minimal Installation
Associated release criterion
This test case is associated with the Release_Criteria#Minimal Installation release criterion. If you are doing release validation testing, a failure of this test case may be a breach of that release criterion.
This test case verifies that a networked minimal installation is able to install the 'Minimal' package set. The installation should not require use of local packages to complete.
Depending on installer choices this MAY destroy all the data on the test system. If you choose to complete the installation of the test system any/all data on the system may be lost. Please do not install on a system whose contents you need to keep.
- Obtain access to supported system and hardware class to be installed.
- Prepare appropriate media for the selected ISO to be tested.
- Example: QA:Testcase Media USB dd
- Boot the system from the prepared optical, USB media or virtual device attachment.
- In the boot menu select the appropriate option to boot the installer.
How to test¶
- From the Installation Source spoke, configure a remote repository source from MirrorManager appropriate to the architecture under test.
- From the Software Selection spoke, select the Minimal package set.
- Complete the installation using desired parameters.
- The installation should complete and boot successfully.
Testing in openQA¶
The following openQA test suites satisfy this release criteria:
If you have questions with respect to this content or to report concerns regarding the use or misuse content please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Rocky Linux and the Rocky Enterprise Software Foundation (RESF) does not make any express or implied warranties, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of any third party intellectual property rights. RESF does not warrant that any pending trademark applications for trademarks of RESF will result in any granted trademark protection. RESF shall not be liable for any claims relating to user's activities falling within the scope of the permission and user hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold RESF and its contributors harmless against any such claim.
This content is licensed under under Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license unless otherwise noted.