QA:Testcase Artwork and Assets
This Testcase applies the following versions of Rocky Linux: 8, 9
Associated release criterion
This test case is associated with the Release_Criteria#artwork-and-assets-server-and-desktop release criterion. If you are doing release validation testing, a failure of this test case may be a breach of that release criterion.
There are several brand artworks and assets throughout the whole OS, this testcase will take care of checking, that these are actually in place, and don't produce any UI errors. This is exclusively for installations with the default desktop environment GDM and GNOME.
- Acquire access to either a baremetal machine or a VM host, to install a new machine
- Prepare appropriate media for the selected ISO to be tested.
- Example: QA:Testcase Media USB dd
How to test¶
- While booting the image check, that the correct logo is visible in the loading screen before Anaconda comes up
- Look at the Anaconda images in the rocky-logos repo and check if all assets are correctly applied in Anaconda (they will generally be visible right away while going through the install process)
- Install the system with either the Workstation install set or Graphical Server
- While the OS does its first boot, check that the correct logo is visible in the loading screen before the boot login screen shows up
- Check the logo and background of the boot login screen
- After the login check the desktop background and further all available options in the settings menu for the desktop background
- Lock the screen and check the background visible in the flyover
- At last check the logo and background of the login screen
The tests during the process could be successfully finished.
If you have questions with respect to this content or to report concerns regarding the use or misuse content please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rocky Linux and the Rocky Enterprise Software Foundation (RESF) does not make any express or implied warranties, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of any third party intellectual property rights. RESF does not warrant that any pending trademark applications for trademarks of RESF will result in any granted trademark protection. RESF shall not be liable for any claims relating to user's activities falling within the scope of the permission and user hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold RESF and its contributors harmless against any such claim.
This content is licensed under under Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license unless otherwise noted.