QA:Testcase Update Image
Associated release criterion
This test case is associated with the Release_Criteria#Update Image release criterion. If you are doing release validation testing, a failure of this test case may be a breach of that release criterion.
This test case verifies that an update image can be loaded into Anaconda and applied during the install process.
Depending on installer choices this MAY destroy all the data on the test system. If you choose to complete the installation of the test system any/all data on the system may be lost. Please do not install on a system whose contents you need to keep.
- Obtain access to supported system and hardware class to be installed.
- Prepare appropriate media for the selected ISO to be tested.
- Example: QA:Testcase Media USB dd
- Boot the system from the prepared optical, USB media or virtual device attachment.
- In the boot menu select the appropriate option to boot the installer.
- Hit the Tab key to edit the boot command
How to test¶
inst.updates=https://fedorapeople.org/groups/qa/updates/updates-openqa.imgto the GRUB command line
- Boot into the installer as usual.
- In Anaconda, open the Installation Destination spoke.
- Within the Installation Destination spoke, the selected install disk should have a pink background
- If you cannot verify visually, check for the existence of
/tmp/updates, which should contain updated source files if the update was successfully applied. Note that if the update image doesn't actually contain any source files, this directory will not be created.
Testing with openQA¶
The following openQA test suites satisfy this release criteria:
If you have questions with respect to this content or to report concerns regarding the use or misuse content please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Rocky Linux and the Rocky Enterprise Software Foundation (RESF) does not make any express or implied warranties, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of any third party intellectual property rights. RESF does not warrant that any pending trademark applications for trademarks of RESF will result in any granted trademark protection. RESF shall not be liable for any claims relating to user's activities falling within the scope of the permission and user hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold RESF and its contributors harmless against any such claim.
This content is licensed under under Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license unless otherwise noted.